Tuesday, December 16, 2008

Christmas Preparations

Now that Zoe Scout is two we are trying to create more family traditions. We set aside a day after Thanksgiving to decorate our tree and put up lights. We had a great time and even got to enjoy the decorating with our first fire of the season!

First was a trip to Wal-Mart to get lights. When Zoe Scout saw the tricycles in the garden section neither she or Colin could resist a ride.



Zoe Scout had to check the tree out before we cut the cover off. She was especially interested in the water down in the stand.







Helping me put on the lights.




Zoe Scout got to put the star on top of the tree (with help from Daddy, of course).


We have not spent a Christmas in our own place since the first year we were married. Consequently we have no Christmas decorations. I decided (in typical "bite off more then you can chew" Sarah fashion) to make all our Christmas ornaments this year. It has been a lot of fun but the tree is not nearly as full as I wanted it to be. I thought I would show off my hard work!



These are the pine cones I spray painted silver to wire onto the tree. Zoe Scout loves playing with them so much that I still have not put them on the tree.


Now, who doesn't love pickles and strawberry applesauce? But, pickles and strawberry applesauce?!!!? Yes, my child likes weird flavor combos.





This picture is obviously to show off the great static hair-do she received from her slide! I can't wait until she learns what "smile" really means.


Here are my two "natural" Parrs reading what has become ZS's new favorite book.....The Berenstain Bears Go To School.



5 comments:

Colin Parr said...

Don't sell yourself short-- the ornaments look great. Also, is it just me or does Zoe look like Gollum hording some chrismas lights underneath the tree in that one picture? Cute stuff...

Anonymous said...

LUUUUUUUUUUUUV it ALL! She is too cute and we're so glad to be your "play date" buddies!

Love-
Julie & Helen....and sometimes Sully!

Anonymous said...

PRESH-A-PRESH!!!

Great pics all.

Bunnie

Miss Mommy said...

Yea for new pics! She looks so old! Anyway, I agree with Colin that the ornaments are great! I also love, love that your husband posts on your blog...he needs to rub off on Josh, who barely even reads mine! ;)

Haley said...

I love the 'reading-with-daddy' pictures. but I could just be partial to books... :)

yay for a real, live tree. :)