Monday, February 18, 2008

Valentine's Day

This Valentine's day was a lot of fun. We started out by having breakfast at a local cafe......the baby was excited when we told her in the car that she could have pancakes!



After breakfast and a nap we had a Valentine's Day surprise for Zoe Scout.......FISH!!!! We took her to the pet store and let her pick out a beta, an albino cory cat, and an aquatic frog. What could be more fun for a little girl?








Dogs Are Fun!
Zoe Scout loves Jeb and Layla! Every time we get out of the car she asks for treats to give to the pups. I usually hand them over and the dogs sit expectantly at the gate waiting for her to run over with the goodies.









Under The Weather
Zoe Scout woke up this morning with a fever and even though she was feeling crummy I do have to say that Colin and I enjoyed the snuggle time she offered up freely. By the time she got up from her second nap she was feeling much better and I think she will have made a full recovery by tomorrow morning. I did let her lounge around in her pjs all day.



Zoe Scout has started to become aware of when she needs to go to the bathroom. She will come to me, point to her diaper, do her business, and then want an immediate diaper change. A friend suggested that I try her on a potty to see if we can at least get the connection started in her mind. Colin set it up for her today and she loved looking it over and analyzing each part. Just in case you were wondering.........she is 16 months old and the fact that she is able to recognize at such a young age that she needs to go potty before it happens is just one more reason why she is a genius.



Here Are Some Randoms




Challenge: We noticed that there was a new store going into a strip center near our house. From the sign we couldn't figure out what the store's business is.......any guesses?

2 comments:

Colin Parr said...

My money is on... Night Club. I have some new favorite pics! She is SO cute. I love both of you very much!!

Miss Mommy said...

Loved the updates, especially the nap picture. I love seeing her all curled up like that...she is super-cute! I know you know that...anyway, pretty fun parents who give their kids V-Day presents!

Interesting signage at the end...that is hilarious...let me know if you figure it out...