Wednesday, March 26, 2008

March Madness

Subliminal Messages Do Work
The quest for just the right material for your sweet little girl's bedding is a very important one. My friend and I searched high and low before Zoe Scout was born, eventually finding a precious print. In case you don't remember here is a picture:


I loved it immediately not only for the bright colors but because of the little girls dresses and the fact that they are doing chores. I had hoped that Zoe Scout would go to sleep every night with dreams of brooms and irons dancing in her head. A mere 17 months later I now see the results of my careful planning.

This child loves the Dirt Devil! She will also ask for paper towels to clean the floor and wants to clean off tables at restaurants after she eats.





Snow Day
On March 6th we had 9 inches of snow! I don't ever remember seeing so much snow in Texas! It was beautiful and snowed all day! When it started to die down we decided it was time to play.


I took some pictures of the street and our house.



This is the window in Zoe Scout's room.


Poor Jeb and Layla.....we cracked the garage door so they would have a dry place to sleep and hang out and I didn't see them come out for about 36 hours. We coaxed them out of the garage which resulted in massive amounts of energy to burn and yellow snow. Colin made snowballs, threw them up in the air and the pups jumped to catch them. Zoe Scout was greatly amused.


Colin loves this "action" shot of the dogs playing.


Looking back we now realize that 9 inches of snow looks very deep when you are about 2 feet tall. On the snow day however, we were really pushing Zoe Scout to play in it and she was so scared. She wouldn't even stand in it and opted to balance on top of my shoes.



The only way we could get her to walk around was for me to walk away from her and she followed.


When Zoe Scout had finally had enough I think the dogs were sad to see us go.


Colin turns 25....
or as he calls it "one third of the way to death". We had birthday dinners with both our families. At my parent's house Zoe Scout put on quite a show.



She has learned all the parts of her face so we thought we would try to get it on camera.

"Zoe Scout, where's your nose?"


"Zoe Scout, where's your ear?"


"Zoe Scout, where are your eyes?" (she just squints)



Music, music, music. Not just any music though......it has to be a Joe Scruggs tape called Late Last Night and not just any song on that tape......her favorite is one called Belly Button. It has a part that says "no, no, no, no" and she loves to sing that part. She also dances by stomping her foot. Super cute!


Bubbles!!!!!
What more is there to say.......






Mimi and Grandpa's New Highchair
There is nothing more exciting to a girl then a new piece of furniture.


This child looooves fruit. Recently she has started eating apples whole and much to my surprise she eats all the peel off and leaves the meat!


Trying to sneak some scraps to Jack, Mimi and Grandpa's poodle.


Zoe Scout has started shying away from giving smiles for pictures.....it takes a lot of sweet talk now.



Easter
On Saturday we went to church with Colin's parents and Zoe Scout got to wear her pink Easter dress.


Colin and Zoe Scout reading a book before leaving for church. While this just looks like a cute photo it holds an important clue to how our evening at a church would unfold.....please take note of the rubbing of the left ear. That left ear.....


.......I know the rubbing of the left ear as a sign of exhaustion goes back at least 4 generations. My grandfather does it, my dad does it, I rub the left side of my head, and now Zoe Scout does it. Usually Zoe Scout loves to be dropped off at the nursery and play with all the new toys and children but Saturday night was a totally different story. She was crying so hard that the nursery worker had to call me out of the service. By the time I got there she had become hysterical. I felt so bad for her that I broke my own "no pacifier or Sweet Bun (her stuffed bunny) outside of the crib" rule. Once she had her treasured items she was just fine but I have learned to pay more attention to the pre-public behavior.

On Sunday afternoon the Parrs and the Bates all had Easter lunch together at my parent's house. The grandparents "hid" Easter eggs in the backyard and the baby had a fun time finding and collecting them.





Notice, once again, the complete exhaustion in her eyes....she didn't even make it to lunch. She took a 3 hour nap that day. All that egg gathering will really wear a girl out! Isn't her green Easter dress super cute? The pink sweater was actually mine when I was young.



5 comments:

Anonymous said...

oh my gosh... SO cute, i can't get over it. The snow pictures cracked me up... were just so happy that our snow if finally melting. Its been months since we've seen the grown... don't worry, you're not missing out on anything.

Anonymous said...

Hey Sarah,
Me and Miles were looking at your blog and wanted to say hi. The picture of Zoe Scout are too cute! She looked adorable in that pink easter dress!Sorry that that was a ruff night for you! TTYL!

Love,
Miles & Jordan

Miss Mommy said...

Seriously...when you post, it's worth the half-hour read! She is adorable as usual. I love your bedding and the ideas behind it. Glad they're paying off. I also love the 9 inches of snow juxtaposed with shorts and bubble-blowing...good ol' TX!

Lisa said...

Great pics. She looks so grown up. Thanks for including pics from the grandparents' houses. We like that!!
Bunnie

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.