Friday, May 9, 2008

Who Makes The Most Delicious Mashed Potatoes On The Planet?

If you answered any name other then "Sarah Elizabeth Parr" you are a very misguided and mashed potato deprived person. In case you are not convinced I have several points for you to consider.

1. It is the recipe I am asked for most often.
2. It is a melding of several family "secrets".
3. Whenever I take them as a dish to events I NEVER bring any back home.
4. My kiddo eats 4 bowl-fulls in one sitting, eventually resorting to scooping them with her hands so she doesn't miss any!
5. And finally, my husband claims I could open a restaurant, serve only mashed potatoes, and I would have a huge hit on my hands.








I rest my case!




Apple Pie Ice Cream
Today Zoe Scout and I took a trip to the ice cream parlor on the square. It was such a hot day and she was so very sweet during our errands that I figured she deserved it. We went in and she was fascinated by the fun colors of the ice cream. I chose apple pie ice cream for her and after paying tried to give her a bite. She promptly refused by closing her eyes and saying "no, no, no"! I offered again and she just barely let me slip a little past her pursed lips. She immediately started signing for more. We decided to go across the street and sit under a shade tree to finish the ice cream. After finishing the sweet treat she spotted a near by flower bed and had to investigate.





Eventually she wandered right into the flower bed.



After properly inspecting the flowers she moved on to climbing up and down the courthouse steps. I figure she was just getting familiar with legal buildings as she will undoubtedly have a brilliant career in law. She is already great at building a case and getting any verdict she desires from her daddy.


4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Zoe's mom makes the most delicious mashed potatoes, hands down!!!

Miss Mommy said...

She's so cute...anyway, it is so you to say you make the most delicious mashed pot's and not offer the recipe!

Rach said...

I love these pictures...would you email me the ones from the flower bed? I'd love to have a copy for my fridge, but they never print well from Blogger.

As for the mashed potatoes...is this the recipe with the sweet potato? They are pretty good!

Colin Parr said...

You do!