Monday, June 9, 2008

Not A Baby Anymore

Quick Note -

Dr. Day, Zoe Scout's pediatrician, told us at the 18 month checkup that we needed to get rid of her pacifiers. She is now over 20 months old. We have delayed in doing this for various reasons but today was the day. When we put her down for her nap this afternoon I explained to her that she was not going to have the pacifiers any more. She seemed to be ok with it and went to sleep. At bedtime we went through the same talk and she was just fine.

I am glad she achieved the milestone with no hesitation but disappointed at the same time. Every step away from something that links her to being a baby is very sad for me. I guess this will be a pattern for her whole life....joy mixed with a twinge of sadness.

And......for any of you who might have been thinking it.......the loss of the pacifier DOES NOT in any way make me want to have another baby. I would like for Zoe Scout to go back to being an infant but there is no baby fever in the Parr house! :)

5 comments:

Colin Parr said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Rach said...

Yay...I know you were anxious about the pacifier separation! Glad it went well!

Miss Mommy said...

I am amazed at ZS's lack of resistance...that is amazing! Good parenting...I totally get the not wanting another yet- it's...how do I say it? REALLY HARD!!! Even when you adore #2, life with #1 will never be the same...there is a grieving time- mourning the loss of a season that will never return, all the while rejoicing at a new season. Plus, RG and ZS are pretty amazing girls- I oscillate b/w thinking obviously we make great kids and/or stop while you're ahead! ;)

Alice said...

Oh you have so much to look forward too... you'll love the mother/daughter relationship the older see gets :]

Kent, Jodie and Asher said...

I am glad that you don't have that too worry about any more. Asher never really cared for it. I mean, yeah, every once in a while when he is not feeling good or really tired,he'll use it. Other than that he just throws it out of the crib (we leave one in there just in case)