Wednesday, June 4, 2008

A Note From The Author

I saw on the news this evening that the mother numbers are in for this year. Supposedly for all the things a mom does she should be earning $117,000 annually. The report also said a mom works, on average, 94.4 hours a week.

All I know is that today I did 6 loads of laundry, cleaned a bathroom, a kitchen, a dining room, ZS's room twice, the living room 3 times, emptied my house of trash (tomorrow is trash day), packed for our upcoming move, made dinner, lunch and breakfast for a child who mostly rubs it in her hair and throws it on the floor or better yet, closes her eyes, shakes her head and says "no, no, no" to it like it is toxic waste. In addition, there were 3 comforting/counseling sessions when ZS hurt herself, 2 baths, 5 diaper changes, and 3 loads of dishes. Where is my money?

By the way, the Dallas Cowboys signed a new contract with Terrell Owens on Tuesday for 27 million dollars so he can continue to show the American public his snazzy dances on the field and botch touchdowns. Doesn't really seem right does it?

'Nough said!

4 comments:

Miss Mommy said...

You are a good woman- I have given up on the mid-day bath- if she soils herself with toothpaste all over, that's her deal...she has to wear it. :)

Wilgus said...

Sarah! I can't tell you how wonderful it is to hear from you! I also have such fond memories of our frognapping spree in the backyard of that house so far away and long ago. Honestly, it's so cool of you to bring that up because it remains one of my most nostalgic childhood memories. Tell Colin and ZS hi for me. I'm glad I know you have a blog now so that I can keep up w/ you guys and which parts of the house are being cleaned at what time. I miss y'all. Miles would love Africa.

Love,
Alex

Mike + Stacey Duncan said...

Oh wow! Your daughter is adorable, and boy do you do a lot of work!!

Anyway, Are you all in Denton? Stacey and I are in Carrollton, we should get together as some point for coffee or dinner or something!
Oh, and hey does Collin still teach Guitar?

Talk to you soon,
Mike Duncan

Mike + Stacey Duncan said...

Hey! If you don't mind, would you have Collin email me @ michael.d.duncan@gmail.com

I'd love to pick his brain on some guitar stuff, maybe even talk about lessons and such.

thank you!!

Mike