Thursday, September 20, 2007

I Didn't Know People Still Got Croup

The last time I remember hearing about croup was when I read Anne of Green Gables as a little girl. Remember, Diana's little sister gets croup while her parents are away and Anne is the only one who knows how to bring her fever down and as a result the Berry's decide Diana can be friends with Anne again. Ok, so, apparently one can still get it, and by one I mean Zoe Scout. We actually think Colin caught it from one of his students and then Zoe Scout and I caught it. She started coughing on Monday and woke up with a fever on Wednesday morning. We took her to the doctor that morning and got some instruction about how to handle it (FYI she is 18 lbs now!!!!). It isn't serious and with a little baby Motrin and rest with a vaporizer she will hopefully be back to normal by the end of this weekend. She has been extra sweet since she doesn't feel well. Most of Wednesday morning she just sat with me and rested her head on my shoulder. I even let her have her bunny all day on Wednesday which she LOVED.

These aren't great pictures but I thought y'all would want to see some.



Today I went and got Zoe Scout some winter clothes and she had a great time inspecting and then throwing them on the floor. She did carry the brown cords around for a while.




1 comment:

Miss Mommy said...

You know my neighbor's kid just got it, too! I also thought it was old-timey...who knew? He was super-snuggly and is much better now. That's the one thing I love about R being sick- cuddling! I also break lots of rules during sickness... :)

She still looks super-cute and seems to have great fashion sense- I'd have picked the brown cords, too!