Tuesday, September 11, 2007

Mother - Daughter Moments

The best part of my day is always those special moments that only last about 5 seconds and only I see. Here are a few highlights from the past week:

>Zoe Scout was sitting at the piano, with me, playing and set her bunny on the keys, laid her head on the bunny and continued playing with her right hand.

>I was laying on the carpet next to the kitchen while Zoe Scout played in it and every 2 minutes she would come over, squat down and lay her head on my chest for about 10 sec. She repeated this action about 10 times.

>Coming down the stairs from her nap she put her hand on the wall trying to stop me and when I did she leaned over to give me not one but two open mouth kisses!

>ZS was standing at the back window watching Layla sleep in a chair and I said "Zoe Scout, say "Hi, Layla" to which she replied "Hi, Dayda". Maybe by accident but still precious!




Zoe Scout has her third tooth! I found on Sunday morning that her top left center tooth had come through her gum! I was so excited and promptly decided that the time of grinding food for her was over. She had eggs for breakfast (which she loved) and cheese, ham, and grapes for lunch. She is so thrilled and fascinated with feeding herself and it gives me 15 minutes of free time that I can use to clean the kitchen. We all win! It does, however, lead to some unprecedented messes! This morning she went straight from her high chair to the bathtub as she had egged her own head.







Colin spent most of Friday morning cleaning and while he was cleaning the upstairs bathroom ZS stood at the bottom of the stairs just waiting for him to come down. Then she couldn't resist checking out the scary vacuum cleaner. You will also see that she has her bunny (mentioned earlier with the piano) which has become the toy of choice. I have tried so hard to make sure that my child is dependent on nothing for comfort but alas, I have failed. We don't dare put ZS in her crib to sleep unless that bunny is in there with her. I would like to say though that this is the one and only time the bunny has ventured downstairs as I will not have her be more dependent on it then need be. It usually lives exclusively in the crib. Part of me does understand her attraction though, because it is super soft and it does make a great pillow for a sweet baby!









Another New Baby!
Our friends Ben and Angela Scarborough sent us pictures of their 13 week old. I can't wait until March to see baby Scarborough. In the last picture you can see the baby's face really well!




Now for something crazy. My friend Rachael and I were at Stonebriar mall in Frisco this weekend when I came across something I could barely believe. There was a lady pushing her Yorkie in a stroller!!!!! Besides the fact that Yorkies could possibly be the most intolerable dogs on the face of the earth this one was also wearing a full set of clothes. Now I am not totally opposed to clothes on animals but the dog has to be super cool to start out with (which Yorkies are not - all that yapping) because the clothes definitely bring down the cool points. Just when I thought it could not get more ridiculous the lady pulled out a camera and started posing her dog in the stroller in order to get just the right picture next to the indoor carousel. I, of course, had to sneak a picture. You have to look closely but you can see the dog's little brown head sitting in the stroller right next to the owner's leg (she's the one in the white dress).


Hope you got a few smiles from this post! Oh, I almost forgot.....I should have my car back on Sunday....pending no more roadblocks!

4 comments:

Colin Parr said...

I'm very jealous... get some pics of her doing these things!!! :)

Rach said...

Those have got to be some pretty precious moments! I love the picture of her holding the vacuum and looking straight at the camera. She just looks too stinkin' cute!

Miss Mommy said...

Love the endless skirts! I thought it was such a relief to be able to feed table foods- so nice to just feed them what you're eating!

That dog situation is nuts!

Miss Mommy said...

p.s. I feel the same way about comfort items and we also have a little blankie she MUST have for bed time..I, too, try to contain it to the crib. However, she has figured out she can reach thru the slats and pull out her "BB" most of the time, unless I place it just right...ugh!